Dead Sea Swim- Only No Swimming - Just Floating

Dead Sea Swim- Only No Swimming - Just Floating
I AM Alive@the Dead Sea ! 6/16/2011

Me & Anna

Me & Anna
Petra, Jordan * April 7, 2011

Fun with Cameras -

Fun with Cameras -
YuM! Dead Sea Dinner - Jordan June 16, 2011

Jo*Petra

Jo*Petra
More of Petra*Look @ that view!

Jo in JOrdan

Jo in JOrdan
Peace Corps Jo

Peace Corps

Peace Corps
Dead Sea in Jordan

Camel Riding - June 16, 2011

Camel Riding - June 16, 2011
Dead Sea, Jordan

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

IT'S APRIL 27 !!!

It's April 27, 2011  !!!

It's been 10 days since my last post.  It's been 2 weeks since Anna left.  Since she can't be with me all the time I am happy that the pace at  which time seems to move is seeming to go faster.  How relative it all is.  I am waiting for summer...ticking off time until:

"SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER :) "  wOw that is no different from any other year of my life.  Well... the continent is different this year.  Big difference.  We all seem to be waiting for that magic day.  Since Easter was late this year that seems to help.  My teacher friends in America you now have the Memorial Day holiday to look forward to to help tick tick tick the clock winding down...and pretty much after Memorial Day...you keep asking "Why are we here?"  It's hot and everyone is restless.

In Jordan we say "same same" as at home.
The weather yesterday and today has been P E R F E C T here in my city of Mafraq.   Cool breezes but plenty warm out.  Perfect spring weather.  I say "stay stay" because we have already been warned about the summers here in the desert.  I have a good friend who lives in a village in the south close to  Aqaba.  She was telling me today of how hot it is there already, and HUMID!!!  Yes my east coast friends you can relate to that.
We had in the last couple of weeks a couple of 90 degree days here...I didn't realize it was 90 until I looked on a website where I check the weather for my city and it was indeed 90.  But it is a "dry heat" and indeed it did NOT feel like it was 90 to me those days.
I am only hoping that is a harbinger of things to come (hope hope hope    p  l  e  a  s  e  :>) pretty please???

Time will tell.  Now I have circled around to my opening main idea of this posting.  Time and the passage of such.  Sometimes our friend...and sometimes like a tornado...whirling through...you turn your head and say where did it go?  What did it leave in its path?  Most tornadoes do leave a lot of destruction and with that a lot of sadness in people's lives.  So I guess not a very good analogy...maybe like a waterfall (Niagara) one of my favorite places in all the world.  The water just never stops...power, power, power in the falling...moving moving moving...time passing passing passing.  A whole lifetime. 
My - I can only say MY! Don't blink too much...or turn around!!!

Where did it go???
I just need to say how much I love my Bonny Christine (she's getting married this year you know & so excited & ME excited for her) and my Anna Kathleen winding up 2 years + service in Peace Corps!!! and that I miss them SOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!

I miss the rest of my family - so much too...'specially my MoM.  She is so dear and she is doing so well.  Al ham dulilah !!!  Thanks be to God.

I miss all of you my friends too!!!  Please keep sending the prayers...I am always praying back for you too!!!

All the love there is from my heart as always!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment