Dead Sea Swim- Only No Swimming - Just Floating

Dead Sea Swim- Only No Swimming - Just Floating
I AM Alive@the Dead Sea ! 6/16/2011

Me & Anna

Me & Anna
Petra, Jordan * April 7, 2011

Fun with Cameras -

Fun with Cameras -
YuM! Dead Sea Dinner - Jordan June 16, 2011

Jo*Petra

Jo*Petra
More of Petra*Look @ that view!

Jo in JOrdan

Jo in JOrdan
Peace Corps Jo

Peace Corps

Peace Corps
Dead Sea in Jordan

Camel Riding - June 16, 2011

Camel Riding - June 16, 2011
Dead Sea, Jordan

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Time? Does it fly?

Is time flying by since the last time I posted it was March 18?  Now it is April 2nd?  I need to double check that date...need to look at the calendar...or my cell phone.Yup got it right...
The time just pushed forward this week in Jordan so we lost the hour as well and now the time difference is 7 hours again to the east coast and 10 to the west coast.

Since the last post my good friends that I met in Mafraq have returned to America...all the best to Ken & Marianne.  I miss them.  They are wonderful people and were very kind to me in the short 2 & 1/2 months that I knew them here.

What have I been up to?  Hmmm...this week myself and fellow volunteers who are sped. ed. volunteers as well and YD (YD = Youth Development) went to Amman for an inservice conference...marks the end of our first 3 months of service since we moved to our sites. 
After the conference drew to a close my friend Marian and I went to a city not far from Amman called Madaba for 2 nights R & R.  We did sightseeing...ate some good food...had a nice hotel room...took hot showers...all the hot water you want no waiting :) it was a lovely time.  I returned to my apartment in Mafraq this morning.

We hired a driver and we went sightseeing to Mt. Nebo:


were there we went to Bethany Beyond the Jordan: http://www.sacred-destinations.com/jordan/bethany-baptism-site

These 2 places were really great to see.  Jordan is a very beautiful country.  I've got to get to work getting the pictures from the disk in my camera to this computer.

On Wednesday of this week my ANNA arrives for her week visit with me here in Jordan.  I can't wait.  I miss my girls so much...I miss all of my family so much.  I am so excited to have her here for a week.

I will try to keep you guys posted of our adventures.  
Love to you all!!!

Miss you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment